Easterseals Tennessee Camp
Since 1959, Easterseals Tennessee has been committed to providing the highest quality recreation camping programs for youth and adults with special needs and disabilities. At Easterseals Camp, we encourage our campers to live and explore nature, learn to be independent, work to overcome fears, and play to create memories in an inclusive camp program. We offer summer day and resident camps for youth and resident adults, as well as, weekend camps for adults the rest of the year. Equally important, parents and guardians receive a much needed break from the 24/7 care they provide while their loved ones are at camp.
Youth ages 7-16 with a special need or disabilities are eligible for our day camp programs. Youth ages 10-16 are eligible for our resident camp. All forms must be submitted, deposit received and approved by the camp director before confirmation is sent.
- Resident campers must have ability to live in a group setting with other campers
- Camper must have the ability to control harmful behaviors to self or others
- Camper must be able to sleep, or sit quietly, for a reasonable amount of time throughout the night (min. 8 hours)
- Camper must not be considered medically fragile
- Camper must observe the drug free and substance abuse policies of Easterseals and Camp Widjiwagan
- Camper must be able to function with an average staffing ratio of 1 to 3 or must sign up for a 1 on 1 counselor additional $130 (seasonal weekend) and $260 (camp)
- Campers requiring medication must be able to take their medication. Any special foods etc. needed to take medications with must be sent to camp with the camper
- Camper must provide sufficient quantities of personal care items (protective garments, gloves, wipes, bed protectors, etc.) to last throughout the camp session
- Camper must refrain from using any tobacco products or vapor cigarettes
- Electronics such as cell phones, computers or tablets are prohibited
How to get started
Use one of these methods to contact this service:
- Apply Online
- Registration form can be submitted by mail
- Find the location closest to you below, and use their contact information.