Our Nurturing Parenting program support parents in forming healthy, nurturing relationships and positive engagements and interactions with their children at any age in their child's development. We provide classes for adult parents, as well as for adolescent parents. Through these programs, parents and caregivers are supported in developing and enhancing their parenting skills, improving their understanding of child development, trying alternative approaches to child-rearing and discipline, and learning techniques that reduce the stress that can undermine parental functioning. The primary goal of the Family Center parenting support and education services is the prevention of child abuse/neglect and interpersonal violence by providing such support and education which enhances the parent/caregiver’s ability to:
- Promote children’s development,
- Improve child/parent attachment,
- Improve child/parent communication skills,
- Enhance self-esteem of participants,
- Improve child/parent social control, and
- To reduce aggressive behaviors by children and their caregivers.
The classes are curriculum based and we have chosen to use the Nurturing Parenting Program Curriculu
Parents who believe they could benefit from parenting education to foster healthy commitment to the nurturing parenting lifestyle. They could be parents of very young children, (age 0 - 8 years old) or older children (up to age 18).
How to get started
- Find the location closest to you below, and use their contact information.
- Ages 11-13
- Ages 14-16
- Full Family Support
- Ages 6-7
- Ages 4-5
- Ages 17-18
- Ages 8-10
- All Ages of Children
- Ages 1-3