Babies begin learning at birth and the first three years are the most critical to their future learning. The first year of life are also when children learn to trust and develop attachments. Early parent-child contact set the stage for all the relationships a child will have in life. The Healthy Families Program can be a great support during these critical years. Services are available at no cost to families in Bedford, Franklin, Lincoln, Marshall and Montgomery counties. Services are provided voluntarily to parents at no cost and include ongoing in-home family support by providing:
- Help with relieving the stress a new baby brings through emotional support from highly trained staff,
- Information on infant care, child health care nutrition and safety needs,
- Information about child growth and development,
- Education on parenting skills and tools to strengthen family life,
- Services addressing family and children's needs, with links to community resources.
Available to the parents in Bedford, Franklin, Lincoln, Marshal and Montgomery Counties that are expecting or who have had a baby in the past three months.
How to get started
- Find the location closest to you below, and use their contact information.
- Under 12 Months
- Ages 1-3
- Ages 4-5