Specially trained crisis counselors are available 24 hours a day in Tennessee to respond to crises rapidly and effectively.
The Youth Villages Specialized Crisis Services staff provides assessment and evaluation of children and youth, up to age 18, who are experiencing a psychiatric emergency across the state of Tennessee.*
Begun in June 2003, the program employees more than 60 staff members working from offices and satellite locations statewide.* These locations are strategically located to provide faster response times for calls that require face-to-face crisis assessments.
Get more information and phone numbers for your specific location on our home page.
When do I Call Specialized Crisis Services? Call for psychiatric emergencies when a child or adolescent:
- Expresses serious suicidal or homicidal thoughts or behaviors
- Experiences severe depression
- Exhibits bizarre behavior, disorientation, confusion or hallucinations
- Acts in a destructive manner or is otherwise out of control
- Always call when psychiatric hospitalization is being considered
How to get started
- Find the location closest to you below, and use their contact information.
- All Ages of Children