The Tennessee Disability Determination Services (DDS) works with both the state of Tennessee and the Social Security Administration to process Social Security Disability Insurance claims and Supplemental Security Income claims for individuals living with disabilities. Our goal is to provide all persons applying for disability benefits with an accurate decision, processing their claim promptly and providing assistance to the public in a courteous, helpful manner.
DDS works with the following organizations that serve individuals with disabilities:
- Social Security’s Area Director’s office
- 30 Social Security district and branch offices
- Five Office of Hearings and Appeals offices
- Medical and psychological associations
- Legislative offices
- The legal community
- State and local organizations that serve individuals with disabilities
Learn more about Social Security.
For Status on a Pending Disability Claim
Please contact our customer service line toll free at 800-342-1117.
For More Information:
- Telephone: 615-743-7300
- Toll free in Tennessee: 800-342-1117
- TTY: 615-253-1510
- TTY (long distance): 877-210-0008
- Fax: 615-253-2727
- Fax (long distance): 800-419-4290
DDS is a section within the Division of Rehabilitation Services of the Department of Human Services and operates by agreement between the state of Tennessee and the Social Security Administration.